THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
RUFFLES® CRUNCH TIME PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RUFFLES® CRUNCH TIME PROMOTION (“PROMOTION”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY (“JUDGES”), WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age (nineteen  in AL or NE) or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), the National Basketball Association (the “NBA”), NBA Properties, Inc., and the NBA member teams (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) including its affiliates and agents, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on April 2, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on May 20, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 11, 2018 in order to be eligible for the First Prize drawing. See Section 4 for random drawing details. The time clock of computer administering this Promotion is the official clock for this Promotion.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, purchase any RUFFLES® brand product and look for the 9 to 11-digit product code located below the “guaranteed fresh” statement on the front of the RUFFLES® brand bag (“Code”). To obtain a Code without making a purchase, call toll-free 1-888-243-8339, during the Promotion Period, and follow the automated instructions. For each completed call, you will receive one (1) free Code. Limit one (1) free Code per day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day, with the exception of the first day of the Promotion Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day.
Upon obtaining a Code, visit RufflesCrunchTime.com (“Web Site”) during the Promotion Period and follow the on-screen instructions to register and input your Code and then properly submit your entry.
All participants must have a valid email address. In the event of an identity dispute, an entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used for entry.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address or household per day. All entries must be properly received and recorded by the Sponsor’s computer within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible for the Promotion. See Section 4 for random drawing details.
Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all entries will be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWINGS:
First Prize Drawing: One (1) First Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about April 12, 2018 from among all eligible entries received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 11, 2018.
Final Drawing: Winners (except the First Prize winner) will be selected in random drawings to be held on or about May 21, 2018 from among all eligible entries received throughout the entire Promotion Period.
All drawings will be conducted by the Judges, whose decisions shall be final. Odds of winning the First Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 11, 2018. Odds of winning any other prize in the Promotion (except the First Prize) depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the entire Promotion Period.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prize (1) – Awarded via the Final Drawing: Trip for winner and winner’s one (1) guest to attend one (1) game of the 2018 NBA Finals (the “Game”). Travel is expected to occur for a three (3) day/two (2) night trip during the following time period: May 31, 2018 – June 17, 2018. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from major airport nearest winner’s home) for winner and his/her guest; double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; two (2) Game tickets, and one (1) $500.00 American Express gift card (subject to terms and conditions as stated by issuer). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $5,050.00.
First Prize (1) – Awarded via the First Prize Drawing: Trip for winner and winner’s one (1) guest to attend either the Eastern Conference Finals or Western Conference Finals (also the “Game”). Travel is expected to occur for a three (3) day/two (2) night trip during the following time period: May 13, 2018 – May 30, 2018. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from major airport nearest winner’s home) for winner and his/her guest; double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights; two (2) Game tickets (to either the Eastern Conference Finals or Western Conference Finals), and one (1) $500.00 American Express gift card (subject to terms and conditions as stated by issuer). ARV of First Prize: $5,050.00.
Applicable to Grand and First Prizes: Game choice shall be determined by Sponsor and the NBA, in their sole discretion and based upon availability. Location and exact travel dates shall be determined by the Sponsor and the NBA, in their sole discretion, at a later date following the publication of these Official Rules. Travel, accommodations, and events are subject to availability and change. If winner lives within 250 miles of the destination city, ground transportation may be provided instead of air transportation. Transportation (other than as stated above), meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. All travel subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation terminal (or other types of transportation) restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Selection of airline, ground transportation (if applicable), and overnight accommodations, are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the accommodations. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, or prize providers) beyond its control. In the event the winner and/or the guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure), Sponsor will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the trip winner at the time of notification or as soon as the game/travel dates are identified by Sponsor and/or the NBA, in their sole discretion. Winner must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. passport or valid driver’s license) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Any minor guest (under age of 18; 19 in AL or NE) must be accompanied at all times by minor's parent or legal guardian who must be the winner. Guest (or if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian who must be the winner) must complete and return a Liability/Travel Release within two (2) days of notification to winner and as indicated on the Liability/Travel Release (see Section 6). Actual value may depend on city/date/time of departure.
Remaining Prizes Offered for the Promotion – Awarded via the Final Drawing:
Second Prizes (35): $500.00 NBAStore.com e-Gift Card (subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer). ARV: $500.00 each.
Third Prizes (100): $100.00 NBAStore.com e-Gift Card (subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer). ARV: $100.00 each.
Fourth Prizes (250): $50.00 NBAStore.com e-Gift Card (subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer). ARV: $50.00 each.
Fifth Prizes (35): RUFFLES® LED Sign. ARV: $50.00 each.
Sixth Prizes (65): RUFFLES® branded Yeti Colster. ARV: $25.00 each.
Seventh Prizes (125): RUFFLES® branded 18” Mini Hoop with Basketball. ARV: $20.00 each.
Eighth Prizes (640): RUFFLES® branded Mug. ARV: $10.00 each.
Winners must accept the prize as stated by Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Total ARV of all prizes is $62,375.00.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or mail. Grand and First Prize winners will be required to complete, sign and return, via fax or email, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within two (2) days of notification (via fax, email and/or overnight mail) and as indicated on the Affidavit. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address. If (i) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (ii) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (iii) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the applicable prize will be forfeited. Prizes will be awarded (emailed or shipped) within four (4) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification (with the exception of the Grand and First Prizes). If any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Promotion Parties or the NBA Entities resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer resulting from participation in the Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, participants agree (a) to release Sponsor, Promotion Parties and the NBA Entities from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, recipients (a) agree that the Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and the NBA Entities, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability including, without limitation, for personal injury or death to participant or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including travel thereto, and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor, the NBA Entities and their designees and assigns the right to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor, Promotion Parties and the NBA Entities are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion or portion of a prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. DISCLAIMER: Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Code, while supplies last. Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. All submitted Codes become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. Grand and First Prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of a prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 22, 2018 to: Ruffles Crunch Time Winner's List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 879-719, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
12. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2018 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.
The NBA identifications are the intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. ©2018 NBA Properties, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The National Basketball Association and its member teams and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, representatives, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this promotion or any prize awarded. The NBA Entities have not offered or sponsored this Promotion in any way.